HIGHLIGHTED CAREER RESOURCE:
Work, Volunteer, and Intern Abroad!
Going Global is an interactive search database provided by the University Career Center & The President’s Promise that connects students with job and internship opportunities from countries around the world. The site includes:
· Detailed, expert written Country Career Guides (Perfect for researching a country of interest!)
· Employer directory with in depth corporate profiles
· Networking groups
· Step- by-step tutorial
· Department of Labor H1B visa application database (For international students seeking employment in the U.S.)
· Interview and cultural advice; resume and cover letter examples
To access these international opportunities, visit the Center’s website (www.careers.umd.edu) and click the blue Going Global button in the bottom left hand corner.
Careers4Terps highlighted positions of the week by the University Career Center & The President’s Promise!
Log in to your C4T account (www.Careers.umd.edu/) and paste the ID number in the “Search” box to learn more.
RAINN Training Department Internship, Internship (Fall or Spring Part-Time)- ID 64069
RAINN, Washington, District of Columbia
RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) is the nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization and was named one of "America's 100 Best Charities" by Worth magazine. RAINN created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline (800.656.HOPE and online.rainn.org) in partnership with more than 1,100 local rape crisis centers across the country and operates the DoD Safe Helpline for the Department of Defense. RAINN also carries out programs to prevent sexual violence, help victims and ensure that rapists are brought to justice.
The intern will participate in:
• Providing visitors with crisis intervention, emotional support, and referral services via the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline (or "OHL"). To learn more about the Online Hotline please visit http://apps.rainn.org/VolApp/.
• Revising and updating online and in-person trainings.
• Helping to maintain training materials and the online learning platform.
• Expanding and assisting with the continuing education program.
• Complete 40 hours of crisis intervention training (online and in-person).
• Attend in-person trainings related to the DoD Safe Helpline.
• Arrive on time for scheduled shifts.
• Follow computer safety best practices.
• Remain supportive, respectful, and engaged with supervisors, peers, and hotline users.
• Provide accurate support and referrals using crisis intervention best practices.
• Applicable Majors: Counseling, Social Work, Women's Studies, Mental Health, Public Heath, Psychology, Sociology, etc.
• Pass a criminal background check (administered by RAINN).
• Possess exceptional communication skills (verbal and written).
• Be familiar with instant messaging.
• Have typing proficiency.
• Possess intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Must be comfortable discussing issues surrounding sexual violence.