Department of Sociology
Monday, May 20, 2013
Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
***Tickets are Required***
Graduating Seniors, M.A. and Ph.D. candidates:
Things you should know as the Sociology graduation ceremony gets closer:
· Because of limited seating in Kay Theatre, tickets are required for the Sociology Department’s graduation. Graduates may receive up to 6 tickets, and tickets should be picked up from 2108 Art/Soc the week of May 6th from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. Tickets not distributed by May 15th will be made available to those on the waitlist. We cannot guarantee extra tickets will be available, but if you like to add your name to the ticket waitlist call 301-405-6389.
- Please arrive at Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center by 3:30 pm. Faculty and Graduates will line up in the Dance Choreographer's Studio (Rm. 1611). This will allow us to go over the details of the ceremony and to make sure we have all the information needed to recognize you during the ceremony.
- We estimate that the entire ceremony should last no more than 1 ½ hours.
- Handicapped and limited regular parking is available around Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center. A shuttle bus will run every ten minutes from the Stamp Student Union Garage.
Things we need to know:
· Please let us know if you need a sign language interpreter before May 1st.
· If you have further questions concerning graduation, then please call the Sociology Undergraduate Office 301-405-6389.