The Parker Fuller Undergraduate Scholarship in Sociology
Established in memory of Nelson Parker, father of Barbara J. Fuller ‘96’
and in honor of Edwin R. Fuller, III ‘96’
The Parker Fuller Scholarship provides support to a full-time undergraduate Sociology student in his/her senior year of study at the University who has demonstrated financial need.
The monetary award for this scholarship is $1,000.
- Students are eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Must possess a 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- Must be a full-time degree seeking undergraduate Sociology major in their senior year of study during the 2013/14 academic year.
- Must be able to demonstrate financial need (FAFSA form or other extenuating circumstances).
- Must be in good judicial standing.
Applicants for the Parker-Fuller Scholarship must submit the following materials:
1. Transcript (official or unofficial)2. Resume3. Letter of recommendation – At least one letter is required from someone who can speak on your behalf of your academic performance and why you are the best candidate for this scholarship. The letter should be from a faculty member who is familiar with your academic performance. Letters of recommendation should on letterhead, in a sealed envelope, and included in your scholarship application materials.4. Statement of financial need - A brief personal statement regarding your need for financial support. Please include your financial aid statement, if you receive some type of financial assistance from the University and/or evidence of other extenuating circumstances that would support financial need.
Application materials are due by March 31st and should be submitted to:
Parker - Fuller Scholarship
The Sociology Undergraduate Office
University of Maryland College Park
Questions regarding the scholarship should be directed to Linda Moghadam (301-405-7365) or emailed to Moghadam@umd.edu