As the 2012 Election cycle kicks into gear, a Maryland Democratic Party Spring Internship will be a valuable experience which will give 2012 graduates a leg up in obtaining a job in politics during the campaign year, as well as giving younger students an opportunity to gain experience and learn about the state, the political process, and to meet many of Maryland’s elected leaders.
A Spring 2012 Internship will be especially valuable because it will give a front row seat to:
· The 2012 Maryland Legislative Session in Annapolis
· The President Obama Reelection Campaign
· 2012 Primary Elections for the MD Senate seat, and 8 Congressional seats
· The Statewide battle for the MD DREAM Act, which will be on the 2012 ballot
The Maryland Democratic Party Internship Program provides undergraduate and graduate students a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience in Maryland’s political process.
We are now accepting applications for Spring 2012 Maryland Democratic Party Internships. The Spring internship will run from January 2012 to May 2012 with the potential for an extension. Internships will focus in several areas including fundraising, communications (social media), field activity, research and political outreach.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities
· Draft communications for general distribution
· Manage data lists
· Assist in event planning
· Communicate with Democratic Party officials, offices and staff
· Build relationships with Democratic affiliated organizations
· General research
· General office support and organization
· An interest in politics, especially Maryland politics
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Interns should be prepared to use their own laptop computers if they have them.
· Interns may be asked to attend events in Annapolis and around the state of Maryland
· Interns must commit to a minimum of ten hours per week
· Schedules will be set with your direct MDP supervisor
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Brandon Cloud at email@example.com