The university’s campus-wide commencement ceremony will be held on Wednesday, December 21 at 7:00 p.m. in the Comcast Center. Further information is available at http://www.commencement.umd.edu/ . Contact the Special Events Office with any questions via email at email@example.com or by phone at 301-405-4638.
The College of Behavioral and Social Sciences' commencement ceremony will be held on Thursday, December 22 at 4:00 p.m. in the Comcast Center. Students, faculty marshals and doctoral hooders are to line up in academic regalia at 3:00 p.m. in the small gym on the ground floor of the Comcast Center. Faculty and platform party members are to line up at 3:15 p.m. in the press room on the arena floor of the Comcast Center.
Important Information for Fall 2011 Commencement
- Tickets are NOT required for the college ceremony or the university ceremony.
- Please do not bring any non-essential personal possessions as there is no place to leave them.
- If you or a guest will need assistance AT THE COLLEGE CEREMONY due to a physical disability, please make your written request by December 1 to: Nadine Dangerfield, 2141 Tydings Hall, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742. Please contact the Office of Special Events at 301-405-4638 regarding assistance needs for the campus-wide ceremony.
- Latin Honors graduates (summa cum laude, magna cum laude and cum laude) may pick up their honors tassels in room 2141 Tydings Hall between
8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. from December 1 through December 20.
- Please understand that participation in the college's graduation ceremonies does not guarantee graduation from the University of Maryland. Final clearance for the December 2011 diploma certification will occur prior to February 2012.