Schedule a Career Assistance Appointment:
During these sessions the University Career Center & The President’s Promise staff help UMD undergraduate students plan solutions for career-related concerns while identifying appropriate Center resources, programs, and services. Schedule an appointment online or call 301.314.7225 during office hours- http://www.careercenter.umd.edu/page.cfm?page_id=6.
During these appointments you can learn how to:
· Identify and explore educational/career interests
· Search for internships/jobs
· Make career decisions
· Network/Conduct informational interviews
· Write effective resumes and cover letter
· Prepare for interviews
· Use social media tools in job searches
· Use online career tools
· Apply to graduate school
Careers4Terps may have a position waiting for YOU!
C4T is a free web-based service providing UMD students and alumni access to full-time, part-time, and internship positions posted by employers looking to hire UMD students and alumni. Several positions are highlighted below, but there are more located in the C4T database. To read more about the positions below, log in to your C4T account (http://www.careercenter.umd.edu/) and paste the ID number (listed beside the position titles) in the “Search” box.
Intelligence Operations & Analysis Internship, Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc Summer Internship- 55415
McLean, Virginia, Deadline: Feb 24, 2012
The Sotera Internship program will give students interested in a career in the intelligence field an opportunity to learn about the community, experience working with seasoned intelligence professionals, and a competitive edge in entering the national security workforce upon graduation. Each week a Sotera Program manager will brief the interns regarding a particular piece of Sotera's work within the Intelligence Community. They will be expected to perform open-source research to inform an analytical briefing that will be submitted to that week's PM. Interns will provide support to Sotera corporate functions as needed. This support may include research, analysis, and writing on specific open source topics; research and analysis on intelligence-related federal procurements; development of corporate briefings and spreadsheets to support corporate business decisions; and other support to the intelligence business unit, business development and marketing efforts.
• Program Dates: Beginning of May 2012 - Beginning of August 2012 (subject to change based on candidates' timelines).
• Location: Sotera - Intelligence Solutions Headquarters, McLean, VA.
• The program requires interns to work 40 hours per week on a flexible schedule.
• Interns will be compensated based on experience.
• Based on individual performance, Sotera will consider sponsoring interns for Top Secret security clearances.
Sotera will accept applications through Friday, February 24, 2012. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted beginning Friday, March 2nd. Selected candidates will receive internship offers beginning on March 12. Candidates not selected will be contacted by Friday, March 16, 2012.
• U.S. citizenship; eligible for TS-SCI (based on pre-screen); willing to take a polygraph.
• Studies in relevant areas with strong research, analytical, writing, and presentation skills, as part of a degree-seeking program (e.g. political science, history, foreign policy, government, cultural studies).
• Proficiency with MS productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Ability to work in a dynamic, flexible environment and manage multiple tasks to completion.
• Self-starter willing to take initiative to complete projects in a timely manner.
• 3.0 GPA or above preferred.
Majors/Concentrations: Economics, Geography, Government and Politics, Sociology, Geospatial Information Sciences, Master of Professional Studies - Applied Economics (GRAD), Policy and Leadership (GRAD), Public Policy (GRAD)
Degree Level(s): Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen or U.S. National
Class Level: Masters Candidate, Sophomore, Junior, Senior
Human Resource Internship, Discovery Communications
Are you ready to gain hands on experience with the leading global, nonfiction media entertainment company?
Discovery Communications is the world's number one nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in over 170 countries representing the brands Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science Channel, Planet Green, Investigation Discovery and HD Theater, as well as leading consumer and educational products and services, and a diversified portfolio of digital media services.
At Discovery Communications interns are exposed to all areas of the business through a solid foundation of learning through training and work experience. Discovery is proud to provide interns with an opportunity to gain an understanding of our mission, values, departments, employees, culture and commitment to quality programming, products and services.
We are looking for students interested in an opportunity in Human Resources for our spring term: (January 30th – April 20th, 2012), specifically in recruiting. Interns will learn how to search for candidates for new openings, screen candidates and learn how to manage the process from being a candidate to a new employee.
In order to be considered the following requirements apply:
- Must be pursuing a degree and receive college credit as the internship is UNPAID
- Must be an undergraduate or a graduate student
- Must be able to commit to at least 15 hours per week
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a resume with the word “Recruiting” on the subject line to: email@example.com