I wanted to let you know about a great opportunity for people you know who might be interested in a career as a teacher. The Inspired Teacher Certification Program is now accepting applications for the 2012 cohort of Inspired Teaching Fellows. This program is great for recent college graduates, or individuals looking to switch careers. Read more below to learn about the program and how to apply.
Thank you for your help in spreading the word about this great opportunity!
Is there an Inspired Teacher in you?
Earn your teaching license while making a difference in the classroom.
Center for Inspired Teaching, is accepting applications for a 24-month state accredited
teacher certification program that recruits, selects, prepares and supports exceptional
individuals who wish to serve the children of the District of Columbia as teachers. Inspired
Teaching Fellows learn the skills and dispositions of Inspired Teachers who recognize each
child's innate desire to learn and build on individual strengths to maximize academic, social and emotional achievement.
Inspired Teaching Fellows begin their teaching career with a 12-month Residency year, working under the guidance of a Lead Teacher, allowing them to gain the knowledge and experience to enable a smooth transition into the teaching career. Fellows then continue attending coursework and receiving increased mentoring during the Fellowship year of the program, as a teacher of record. Inspired Teachers are certified in Early Childhood (PreK-3) or Elementary Education (1-6).
• Prepare for a career in teaching under the guidance of an experienced Lead Teacher who
models exceptional instructional approaches.
• Residents use in-class experiences to better frame coursework in light of classroom
• Innovative partner schools provide a unique opportunity to be trained while working in
an urban classroom.
• Programmatic and school-based structures contribute to a highly supportive community.
• Partnerships with local universities to simultaneously earn a master’s degree in teaching
• AmeriCorps benefits including a financial education award.
Inspired Teaching is committed to building a teacher workforce that reflects the diversity
of DC's student population; people of color, speakers of languages other than English, and
individuals with disabilities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
For more details and to apply online, visit