Department of Sociology
Monday, May 21, 2012
Dekelboum Concert Hall
Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
Graduating Seniors, M.A. and PhD. candidates:
Things you should know as the Sociology graduation ceremony gets closer:
- Please arrive at Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center by 4:30 pm. Faculty and Graduates will line up in the Kogod Theater. This will allow us to go over the details of the ceremony and to make sure we have all the information needed to recognize you during the ceremony.
- We estimate that the entire ceremony should last no more than 1 ½ hours. A reception for graduates and their families will be served from 3:00-4:30 pm before the ceremony on the 3rd floor atrium of the Art/Soc Building.
- Tickets are not required for the Sociology Department’s graduation. We would like to know the number of students who plan to come to the reception and the approximate number of their guests for planning purposes.
- Members of Alpha Kappa Delta can pick up their honor cords in the Sociology Undergraduate Office.
- Handicapped and limited regular parking is available around Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center. A shuttle bus will run every ten minutes from the Stamp Student Union Garage.
Things we need to know:
- How many family and friends do you expect to attend the reception?
- Please let us know if you need a sign language interpreter before May 11th.
Please R.S.V.P by responding to the email or to the Undergraduate Office before May 18th by calling 301-405-6389.
If you have further questions concerning graduation, then please call the Sociology Undergraduate Office 301-405-6389.
Commencement Ceremony Information